Nevsail Watersports is a National Training Centre for Power boating in Ireland and all our courses follow the Irish Sailing Association Guildlines. On successfully completing one of our Power boating Courses participants will be awarded with a recognized Certificate.
These courses that we run will teach you how to handle a Powerboat correctly for everyday use and emergency situations, providing you with the high safety standards on the water and making sure you get the most of your boat.
Each course offers plenty of personal attention and the opportunity to target certain aspects of Power boating that is of most relevance to you.
Private tuition in your own Power boat may also be available.....just ask for details.
1 DAY INTRODUCTION TO POWERBOATS COURSE - (10:30-5:00 p.m)
- This course will provide you with the basic skills and back ground knowledge required to drive a powerboat completely and safely under supervision.
- It is ideally suited to anyone new to Power boating and will provide a short but practical introduction to boat handling and safety on powerboats.
- Core skills imparted in this comprehensive course include: Launch and recovery of a power boat, Confined maneuvers, High and Low Speed maneuvers.
- This course also focuses on seamanship skills such as: Man Overboard Rescues, Coming Alongside correctly, Picking up a mooring, Anchoring, Safety Equipment and Procedures, Navigation, Tides and Weather, Rules of the Road, Rope work and much more.
DATES: MARCH UNTIL OCTOBER
COST: €100 PER PERSON
2 DAY NATIONAL POWERBOAT CERTIFICATE - (10:30-5:00 p.m)
- The aim of this Two Day Course is to further develop the skills and knowledge that allow participants to safely and effectively skipper a powerboat without supervision in good conditions and familiar waters.
- You will receive professional training on coastal navigation and experience the adrenaline of controlling a planning power craft in offshore conditions.
- The I.S.A recommends this certificate as the minimum level of training required before anyone uses a powerboat on their own.
- Successful participants will receive the National Powerboat Certificate.
DATES: MARCH UNTIL OCTOBER.
COSTS: €175 PER PERSON
MIMIMUM: 2 PEOPLE PER COURSE